Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Low Doesn't Even Describe It

I just ran across this today in a list of 15 high-stress jobs that pay badly. The pay is low, the hours are long and the stress is certainly high. It was the best job I ever had working for someone else. Web writing may pay a heck of a lot more, but there's nothing that can replace the rush of grabbing the news and seeing the town talking about the issues that you uncovered. Sigh.


Kay Richardson said...

What about dog-walking? What about that?

L. Shepherd said...

I know, what about IHOP waitress? I did that as a teenager, and you can't imagine anything more stressful than drunken cowboys grabbing at you as you try to run through a smoky room with two arms full of pancakes.

Vicki M. Taylor said...

Oh my gosh.. I have so many stressful friends.. I know 5 out of 10 of those in stressful jobs!!

I need to find better friends with lower stress!! :-)