Friday, February 19, 2010

SEO Fail

I seem to be good at SEO, but the problem is often that what I choose to write about has a fairly small audience. People who are searching for the stuff I write about can find it, but not many of them are searching. I never choose those trending topics that everyone is supposed to go for in order to get big numbers. It can get frustrating to see useable information not get big numbers because it's not about car chases or whatever it is that's trending right now. So, let's just try a little experiment, shall we?

Twilight is a movie. Twilight is a book. Twilight, right? Have you read Twilight on your Kindle or Blackberry or watched Twilight on your iPhone or iPad? The iPad does exist. You can watch Twilight while holding an iPad with Steve Jobs. Edward Cullen! Edward Cullen is a character, don't you think? I'll bet that Edward Cullen has both an iPod and an iPad. Video game hacks! Aren't video game hacks grand? Edward Cullen from Twilight uses video game hacks on his iPhone while listening to his iPod.

I feel dirty now.

6 comments:

Norma said...

Ok first? I'm going to follow you now. I found you via the Bloggess, and I hate Twilight, and this post was hysterical.

Secondly? Any blog that is seasoned liberally with angst has my attention and approval. Not that you necessarily need either.

L. Shepherd said...

I think I probably need both, actually. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I found an article on copyediting marks with this blog address at the bottom

L. Shepherd said...

I think I know the article you're talking about. Um, hope you liked the article? Welcome to chaos?

tara wright said...

Wow. Just wow. That's awesome. I'm pretty sure I'm in the land of SEO fail myself. I wish Twilight would go away.

L. Shepherd said...

I think it'll go the way of The Bridges of Madison County pretty soon. Hopefully, that will be as soon as they stop making the movies.